vALVE cOVER rACING rULES
Sponsored by Jam Art Creations
Rules are as follows..
• Cars will be built using an actual rocker cover from a VW engine (Aircooled); steel and or aluminum are allowed.
• No engines or propulsion of any kind save gravity.
• No moving weights/counter weights.
• Wheels can be attached to the car in any manner, but must not extend beyond the front or rear of the valve cover.
• Nothing can extend beyond the front or rear of the valve cover.
• Cars will have at least four wheels, each no more than six inches in diameter.
• Wheel must have a non-metallic surface contacting the track.
• 10 inch maximum overall width.
• 10 inch maximum overall height.
• 8 pounds maximum weight.
• Valve covers will be clean (no sludge or oil). If the racer drips oil or grease, it is disqualified!
• Each racer will have a name to be used to identify it during races.
Rules of the track and race are as follows:
•The judge's decision is final.
•The track will consist of two lanes with each lane being 11.5 inches wide.
•If a racer (person) interferes with another car, it (they) automatically lose that round.
•If a racer is hampered by a track issue, it will get another run.
•If there is a tech issue, the judge's decision is final.
“official” rules are subject to change.